Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Some Summer DIYs

This summer I have been trying to knock out some diys (do it yourself) projects with the help of my sweet hubby and 2 children. This past week I have accomplished so many items on my list with their help. Thank you to each of them.

First up is our light fixtures in our master bathroom. I would LOVE to have different ones, however, when they wallpapered they didn't wallpaper behind the fixture so.....finding the exact same size in something I like is impossible. I found out about oil rubbed bronze spray paint on some blogs I follow and decided to give it a try since our faucets are oil rubbed bronze. I think they turned out AMAZING! Craig did this diy and I LOVE them! Thanks Craig!

BEFORE
AFTER

The other diy project was cleaning/organizing my closet. I wanted a cleaner look so I went to IKEA and bought a LARGE amount of wooden hangers to fit all my clothes on. I adore the new look!!!
BEFORE
AFTER
In addition to these, I have organized/cleaned Parker's closet, Presley's closet, the guestroom closet, the linen closet, the armoire in our master, and the cabinets in the laundry room. Wow I feel like a million bucks!!!! I hope this inspires you to get organized and do some change in your house.


Lots of hugs - Audra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, your blog looks great. I love it. I also love the light fixture Craig painted - looks so good. I am going to paint the one in my dining room now. Talk to ya soon - Jen

carrie said...

looks great!!!!!